Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jerky playback?

Items such as trees, lamposts, people, seem to be jumping across the screen when playing back panned footage shot with either my iPod Touch or a new Canon Powershot camera. It is not as noticeable in iPhoto playback though, and in iMovie it appears to be a intermittent fault too, i.e. it doesn't happen at the same points of the footage all the time....

I was wondering if it was something to do with the frames per second setting but this new camera is set to record iFrame compatible movies....

Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Eircom Broadband

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 11:21 AM

I had a same problem before with my Canon legria. Now I shoot at 60p and work with the footage in 30p and have no more problems.I had done a lot of searching the forums to figure this out. I would say it's your problem too. There are some people on here that would know what to film / work with for sure.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2012 11:21 AM in response to APLie

I had a same problem before with my Canon legria. Now I shoot at 60p and work with the footage in 30p and have no more problems.I had done a lot of searching the forums to figure this out. I would say it's your problem too. There are some people on here that would know what to film / work with for sure.

Jerky playback?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.