Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to iOS 5.1 problem from a MacBook Pro

Hi all,

Today I've got my first problem with my MacBook Pro. I've tried to update my iPhone to iOS 5.1 but without success.

First of all I am using Lion 10.7.3 which is up to date.

The problems we're as following:

1. Tried to update through iTunes, but I've got a pop-up message which tries to contact the iPhone Update Center and it stayed on my screen for about 2 hours without downloading anything.

2. Tried to manually download the update from appdnld.apple.com and also without success. I've tried this using Safari and Firefox.

After this I've tried downloading it from an Windows PC and surprise, I've managed to download it very easy.

Does anybody know what am I missing?

Also I've tried with OTA and also without succes. I've got the same message that says that the Update Center cannot be reached.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iPhone with iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 11:55 AM

2 replies

Mar 11, 2012 5:35 AM in response to sdascalu

sdascalu,

As BBidwell said, that's what worked for me. I've got an iPod Touch, changed the WiFi DNS settings, meaning erased the old settings [you may want to write them down before clearing them], and I used 8.8.8.8, 8.8.8.4 which worked perfectly. I was able to update to iOS 5.1 using Update on the iPod. Worked just fine.

Hope this info helps you.

Update to iOS 5.1 problem from a MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.