Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages for pc

Is it possible to use pages on a PC. I use a Mac and my assistant uses a PC. I need to have him create and edit Pages documents.

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 1:31 PM

No, and no Windows application will handle that format natively.

(64652)

9 replies

Mar 23, 2013 2:33 PM in response to machow2

I doubt there are Pages files floating around that the recipient can't just ask the despatcher to export them in a readable form. Just as MsPublisher users don't, and shouldn't, assume the recipient has Publisher to open their files.

Extracting even the pdf preview has limited usage, any jpeg previews almost zero and I think Apple has stopped packaging the documents like they used to on the basis that random pointless change is what has made the Mac the dominant operating systemn that it is.

Peter

Jul 9, 2013 5:01 AM in response to Jay Robbins

Hi Jay

It may be a bit redundant now as considering the time that's gone past I'm sure you've found a solution. However I had the same question as you, and stumbled upon this thread. I've since discovered that using icloud allows you to download Pages files as word documents which can then be edited.

I have pages on my Ipad, and word 2013 on my PC and this is what I do. The formatting isn't exactly perfect, (some of the colours don't match exactly ie. are a shade lighter) but it's the best option I have found so far.

Cheers,

Karen.

pages for pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.