Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I make apps in a Windows PC

Hello, i what to make apps for Apple Store but i don't have a Mac or a iOS but I have heard that I can make apps in my computer that has installed Windows 7, is that true ?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 3:16 PM

No, making and submitting apps requires XCode which only runs on Macs.

A mini would be all you really need.

You will also need some sort of iOS device for testing. The simulator only goes so far.

4 replies

Jul 5, 2012 9:20 PM in response to wbmasterchief

Conduit also has a free app builder for iOS that you can use right winthin your own browser window! NO MAC REQUIRED!

That is not correct. OP, be sure to read through all details of how these services work before jumping in, since your goal is to publish an app to the Apple App Store. For example, Conduit's Guidelines for Submitting Apps to the Apple App Store state you need an Apple iOS Developer account and include this:

Note: You will need to complete the last step of the submission process using a Mac computer

The appsbar site does not have any details about the iOS app submission process. The web site does state iOS apps are HTML5, so I suspect appsbar apps for iOS are web apps accessible through the browser, not the Apple App store. Otherwise the submission process would take way longer than the stated 3 to 5 days.

How can I make apps in a Windows PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.