Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no invitee on calendar

I have an iPhone 4S. All of a sudden I can not add an invitee when setting up a calander event. I still have it on several older events that I set up to repeat. When I set up a new event there isn't a button available to add an invitee. I can't find anywhere in my settings where I turned off something by mistake. What am I doing wrong. Mike

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 11:00 PM

Greetings,

Invites require a server on an iPhone (Page 86 of your manual: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf). Server can mean iCloud, Google, Exchange, etc.

When you have the event editing window open on your iPhone tap on the "Calendar" button to see if the event you are creating is under a heading like "iCloud" or "MobileMe". If it isn't, thats why you don't have the invitees option. You may have more than one type of calendar on your iPhone as well, some that are local (non-server) and some that are on a server (like iCloud). I suspect that as you were able to do this before, you probably have more than one calendar. Choosing a calendar under "iCloud" should give you the functionality you are looking for.

Hope that helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2012 11:00 PM in response to MStub

Greetings,

Invites require a server on an iPhone (Page 86 of your manual: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf). Server can mean iCloud, Google, Exchange, etc.

When you have the event editing window open on your iPhone tap on the "Calendar" button to see if the event you are creating is under a heading like "iCloud" or "MobileMe". If it isn't, thats why you don't have the invitees option. You may have more than one type of calendar on your iPhone as well, some that are local (non-server) and some that are on a server (like iCloud). I suspect that as you were able to do this before, you probably have more than one calendar. Choosing a calendar under "iCloud" should give you the functionality you are looking for.

Hope that helps.

Sep 11, 2012 8:26 PM in response to MadisonP

Madison,

Although I agree with you that only 'server' calendars will show the invitee option, my bizarre problem is that out of my 5 calendars (2 Google Calendars set-up via Echange and 3 on iCloud) only one of my Google Calendars (the main calendar) give me the option to send invites. None of my iCloud calendars allow invites (although they do allow both a primary alert and a secondary alert).

You wouldn't happy to know how to fix this would you?

Thanks in advance.

no invitee on calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.