Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Splitting My Feed...iTunes Rejected

So here's the story...I've been producing podcasts for some time, been using Podbean as my host, all is well. My podcast is growing into a bit of a network now and I would like to split my category feeds off and submit them to iTunes as seperate shows.

I've pulled the category feeds, run them through Feedburner, and each one has their own feed. I used Feedburner's SmartCast settings to set up the iTunes metadata so that it should pull correctly for iTunes to recognize the difference (different art, description, etc.).

However, when I submit the Feedburner feed to iTunes I get a message saying that the feed has "already been submitted"...which is, of course, not true. Although as I look at the XML code in Feedburner I see a lot of the tags from the original feed coming through instead of the SmartCast data, but I don't know how comfortable I would be with changing that XML code by hand without a good/clear step by step guide.

I've not used Feedburner much, so it could be that there's a setting I'm missing there (the original feed is the Podbean created feed). Any suggestions, links, or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

iPod touch, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 11:30 PM

It's usually the title which causes this - have you changed the title in the new feeds? Submitting a new podcast with the same title will get it rejected.

6 replies

Mar 9, 2012 4:21 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I suspect you are right, Roger.

As I look at the XML source in Feedburner I see that the title is being pulled in from the original feed. This is despite the fact that I have told Feedburner a different title to use. I can't figure out how, in Feedburner, to get it to change the title in the XML to see if that solves the issue.

I'll keep hunting around and hopefully someone here knows Feedburner better than I do and can make some suggestions.

Mar 9, 2012 6:34 AM in response to Squach

On more research and investigation I think when I run the feeds through Feedburner I can modify the titles/descriptions in the feed coming out of Feedburner in the "Title/Description Burner". I won't be able to submit and test it out until this evening...but I think this may have solved it. Thanks for putting me on the right path, Roger.

Splitting My Feed...iTunes Rejected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.