Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i deleted my administrator account and now i cant login to make any changes

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2017 8:21 AM

I'm a new apple owner and I scrambled my admin account whilst trying to give it a different name. Please tell me what you mean by "registration details"?

8 replies

Mar 8, 2012 6:16 PM in response to slefkos

OK this will work (found at numerous web sites) tried on Lion.

Note this procedure will make the mac think it is being booted for the first time. You will need to enter in your registration information again. This procedure will create a new admin account, you will supply the information for the name of the account. Do not use the name from an existing account.

Boot into single user mode:

1. Reboot
  2. Hold comand + s down after you hear the chime.

You will see a black screen and a bunch or writing scroll past. Then you will get the single user prompt. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands. Type return after each line

• mount -uw /
  • rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
  • shutdown -h now

Now reboot the machine, enter the registration and dummy account information. Ignore the system setup screen and then using System Preferences->Users & Groups set up the accounts

good luck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.