Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since update to 5.1, Mail integration with Yahoo Mail Broken

I updated my 3GS to 5.1 iOS. My Mail application had been working fine with Yahoo. Since the update, it's been mostly not working.

The symptom is that I get a continuous spinner and the body of the email messages are never downloaded to the phone. Says, "Checking for Mail ..." forever. I also cannot send mail. Never had a problem previous to this update.

I turned the phone off and on and then was briefly able to connect. But, after a while, it again failed. This time, a power cycle did not help.

If I edit my account information for this Yahoo Mail account, it gets stuck at "Verifying". Eventually, I get an error that says, "apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com" is not responding. Note that this was auto-configured by Apple's Mail program; I simply selected that I had a Yahoo account and it did the rest. Worked fine up until now.

Are others seeing this as well?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 5:16 PM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2012 10:22 AM in response to jice0

I am experiencing the same problem in the past two days since upgrade to 5.1. Yahoo Mail says it is receiving messages but does not show them in any of the mailboxes. Very frurstrating. It occurred first on the iPad after upgrade, and my iphone still worked. This morning, I upgraded to iphone, and it is doing the same thing now as the ipad. It also seems to have the same problems on both on 3G and wi-fi.

Since update to 5.1, Mail integration with Yahoo Mail Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.