Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why doesn't ical sync with blackberry anymore?

I've removed and reinstalled Blackberry Desktop, rebooted, battery-pulled, recreated calendars, but to no avail - no matter what I do, my Blackberry calendar will not sync to iCal anymore. It used to, but my MacBook died and I had the drive replaced, and on the new drive I can't make a sync happen. It goes through the motions, but in the end, there are no calendar entries in iCal.........

(PLEASE DO NOT suggest I get an iPhone. I've used iPhones, and I do not want an iPhone.)

Thx for any guidance........

iCal-OTHER, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 5:46 PM

6 replies

Mar 9, 2012 5:52 AM in response to MadisonP

I had the stock version of OSX from when I bought the computer in March '10, and it has the current stock version now. (I can't check because I'm at work, on a heavily regulated & monitored Wintel network.)

Everything esle on the BB syncs fine, there has been no change there.

I do not use MobileMe or iCloud, nor will I.

I feel pretty sure the issue is how the calendars are "seeing" each other, and there is likely one stupidly simple setting or checkbox, if you will, that is telling the iCal engine to ignore the BB calendar. I've tried deleting the caledars and creating new ones, naming them properly, etc.

(For reference, I carry the BB with me at all times, and only sync to the MacBook as a backup, for review purposes.)

Thx....

Mar 23, 2012 3:32 AM in response to tgsf

I have had some really annoying problems too just lately and wondered if anyone could help you?

I have an iMac running on Mac OS X 10.7.3. Have been synching with m BB just fine for a while. Recently, I noticed that my iCal entries are appearing in duplicate, actually up to 5 or even 6 times. I have run an iCal dedupe app many times but each time they come back!

I need help from the MacSupport to understand if there is also a conflict in using Outlookf or Mac and iCal at the same time. I have recently made iCal my default calendar. Should I not have done so? How do I turn that off from being default calendar, if this is what's causing my duplication?

Help, don't know where to go. Have just posted on the BB forum as well, as I dont know if a recent upgrade to the BB Desktop software caused the problem. Now I need to know how to downgrade that too.

Thank you.

Mar 23, 2012 5:34 PM in response to applealias11

To be completely honest, I totally gave up and moved on. If the products I buy cannot be counted on to do what they purport to do, then I'm not playing games - I just deal with the one calendar on the BB and get back to the s*#t I have to do.

I'm not computer-illiterate by any means - I've served as the unofficial desktop and systems support guy for several investment offices, Mac & Wintel; I just don't have time or patience for screwing around with something that is not critical to living life...... 😝

I'm sure I'll be junking my BB and going back to a dedicated "phone" phone soon anyway.

why doesn't ical sync with blackberry anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.