Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook gets in way of Contacts sync

I am trying to sync contacts between my iPhone and Windows Contacts - in Windows 7. Every time I try, Outlook keeps popping up dialog boxes - asking me to identify the proper Outlook folder.

I don't use Outlook - never even launched it. The program was included as a trial version with an installation of Office Home & Student. I can't seem to remove it without removing the entire suite.

Is there any way to instruct iTunes to ignore Outlook for syncing my contacts? I select "Windows Contacts" from the info panel for syncing, but it keeps reverting to Outlook.

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 4:52 AM

Problem Solved.

I wasn't able to remove Outlook, but I have disabled it.

Control Panel > Install or Remove Program > Microsoft Office 2010

I selected "change" and then disabled everything associated with Outlook. iTunes now accepts Windows Contact as my preferred choice - with no interference from Outlook.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2012 4:52 AM in response to Lucky13

Problem Solved.

I wasn't able to remove Outlook, but I have disabled it.

Control Panel > Install or Remove Program > Microsoft Office 2010

I selected "change" and then disabled everything associated with Outlook. iTunes now accepts Windows Contact as my preferred choice - with no interference from Outlook.

Outlook gets in way of Contacts sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.