Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make a folder for my mail?

This is such a silly question, but I cannot figure out how to make a folder for mail i wish to save. I do not want a Smart Mailbox, just a regular folder in my mail

Thanks!

G5, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Are you using Apple's Mail app? If so, in the Menu under Mailbox, select New Mailbox & name it. The new mail folder should appear on the left side with your other mail folders.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

5 replies

Nov 3, 2016 9:42 AM in response to campaign

Actually, it is possible.

Go to Mail menu>Preferences>Rules (far right tab). Click Add Rule and give it your criteria. When you close your new rule, it will ask if you want to apply the rule to the mail already in the box.

For a rule to work successfully, you need to be very specific. Look carefully at all the options and you should be able to see how to set it up to separate out the specific mail you want to file. If you have more than one email address, that needs to be part of your rule's selection process via "Account."

Also, make sure to correctly use the "If ALL/ANY of the following conditions are met." If you leave it with ANY, then no matter how many criteria you have, it will move mail with ANY of those criteria.

How do I make a folder for my mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.