Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mails from my exchange account missing after iOS 5.1 update

Hi,

I use an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2 to access my exchange email at work (exchange 2003). I have never had any problem with that.

When the new iOS went out two days ago, I upgraded both devices : the iPhone via the full iTunes download. The iPad via the wifi integrated update directly in iOS.

Yesterday morning, I opened the mail app to get my mails, and I noticed that I could not see mails received after the upgrade. After that, over the course of the day, new emails received were sync'ed correctly on my iPad, but I still have the gap between the time I upgraded and the time I first opened mail after the upgrade.

I do not have this problem on the iPhone, although I may have used the mail app on the iPhone right after the iOS upgrade.

Anyway, I have tried to change the "mail days to sync" settings to kind of force a reload of the mails. I have tried desactivating the mail from the exchange account settings. Nothing worked.

Has anyone any idea how I can resolve the problem ?

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 12:43 AM

3 replies

Mar 9, 2012 10:18 AM in response to Michael Dufranne1

I encountered a similar issue on an iPad2 post iOS 5.1 upgrade, any mail message with these special characters in the Subject line or email address field such as these

: colon

; semicolon

‘ apostrophe

- dash

will display the text (No Subject) or (No Sender).

Example 1: a message received from "hi-there@a.com" with a subject of "Hello" displays as

(No Sender)

Hello

Example 2: a message received from "bye@a.com" with a subject of "RE: Hello" displays as

bye@a.com

(No Subject)

Example 3: a message received from "i-mhere@a.com" with a subject "What's up" displays as

(No Sender)

(No Subject)

This affected all new email messages post iOS 5.1 upgrade, as well as older messages already downloaded under iOS 5.0.x.

Mails from my exchange account missing after iOS 5.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.