4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2012 7:53 AM by msclaxton
msclaxton Level 1 (10 points)

iPhoto downloaded fine, is working fine, editing etc is all working fine. What i can't seem to do is add photos to events and albums that are in my library.

I have a 'Photography' event and album and from my camera roll I can edit etc but I can't add it to an event. The share feature doesn't allow me to do this neither.

Is there a way of doing it? Or is it a case of waiting for this to become a feature of the next update?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1
  • MadisonP Level 5 (4,765 points)

Greetings,

Album creation is handled by the Photos.app (see page 88 of your iPhone manual: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf).  iPhoto just reads whatever albums you create in the Photos.app.  Go to the Photos.app and add albums and then go back to iPhoto and they should show up.

Hope that helps.

• msclaxton Level 1 (10 points)

I'm not looking to create an album. I have the albums already. I'm trying to move photos from the camera roll to the albums and events.

At the moment i'm assuming this can only be done using iPhoto on my MacBook?

• Superlonkers Level 1 (0 points)

As far as I can tell you can move photos from your camera roll to different albums using the photo app. These changes obviously then show up in iphoto.however you can't add them to events or move them around while you are actually in iPhoto.  Which is stupid.

• msclaxton Level 1 (10 points)

For some reason it doesn't allow me to add photos to the albums i've imported from iPhoto on my mac. Only ones I create on my iPhone.

Before it would only allow me to add to 'add new album' but when I created a new album any photo on my iPhone could be moved.

Frustrating!