Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I print (into a physical book) a photo journal created by iPhoto using iPad?

How can I print (into a physical book) a photo journal created by iPhoto using iPad?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 3:19 AM

You can print from the web page you can open up once your journal is in the cloud. This is as near as you will get at the moment. The app does not support having a third party company print a book for you.

10 replies

Mar 19, 2012 4:15 PM in response to fjfjfjfjfjfjdksllair

I'm glad other people are asking for it but I'm sad that the option doesn't already exist. To me the single biggest purpose of iPhoto is to allow me to create thes ewonderful photobooks that I can then physically keep and proudly display on my coffee table. Isn't that what the desktop iPhoto application allows you to do?

Does anyone know of any other app that lets you create a photobook / scrapbook on your iPad while OFFLINE (ie: that doesn't require constant connection to the Internet) which you can later have printed into a physical photobook?

Mar 21, 2012 4:21 AM in response to Aus-Viking

I tried out the HP Photobook App briefly...it DOES support physical printing BUT to create the photobook you MUST be online as every photo is uploaded to their cloud and assembled there. Not very handy when you're away on vacation somewhere or trying to put together your photobook on the plane ride home as I usually am.

I e-mailed a couple of other scrapbooking app developers and many of them told me they've seen requests for physical printing and will be incorporating it into future app updates "soon" but so at I haven't found any solution.

Mar 21, 2012 4:26 AM in response to Milkfloat

Milkfloat...I want to make sure I understand your answer. Do you mean that I can build a complete photobook using iPhoto offline, then upload it to Apple's cloud when I'm connected and order the photobook from there? If THAT's possible, then I think it's a good solution. My understanding was that iPhoto for iPad simply did NOT support physical printing of the photobook EVER. You can e-mail it, publish it to Facebook, etc...but you can't print it as a bound photobook the way you can with the desktop version. If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear about it. I don't own a Mac...just the iPad and I'm looking for something that will allow me to build an photobook offline for later printing into a bound physical book.

Jul 27, 2012 10:38 AM in response to LSY8735

I think I worked out a clunky but workable way to do this. There is an app for iPad called PhotoSync. It is not free for the iPad but free for computers you want to sync with. Install it. When you edit photos in iPhoto on your iPad make sure to save them to Camera Roll. PhotoSync will take the edited pictures from your iPad that have been saved into Camera Roll and will move them to your computer in batch (so long as it is on the same wireless network) where you merely import them into iPhoto or whatever software you use, and you can build a book for print. The secret is to save the pictures into Camera Roll as you edit them, there is no batching function into camera roll, so doing it afterwards is tedious. It actually works quite simply and because PhotoSync is free for computers, you can transfer photos to any computer that has downloaded the free software that is on the same wireless network - works great to get pictures to kids' or spouses computers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.