Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to edit sharepoint permisssions on lion server

Could anybody tell me where the correct place to edit sharepoint permissions is on Lion Server?

1. by selecting the sharepoint from the File Sharing in the server.app

2. by selecting the server in the devices in the server.app, choosing storage and then selecting the folder that is used as the sharepoint

3. by going to the sharing system preference, selecting file sharing, choosing the shared folder used as the sharepoint and changing the permissions in the user box.

Many Thanks in advance.

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 3:43 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2012 5:28 AM in response to SwiftMS

I use the second method to manage my servers sharing and regulary propergate permissions from this menu due to the permissions bug in Lion server...

Make sure you have server tools as well to get a better grasp on your users with Workgroup Manager. Other ways can produce unwanted home folders being created etc, I had to download this on ours as it wasn't already installed!

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1528

I have no idea why the server management has become so complex now! With so many different places to do things no wonder there are so many issues with the latests software releases! Lets hope Mountain Lion is addressing all of this!

Where to edit sharepoint permisssions on lion server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.