Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing iBook Author Templates

I’m having trouble moving and deleting objects on some of the templates provided in iBooks Author. I can select them, but can’t move or delete them (specifically in the section and chapter pages). Any suggestions?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 5:00 AM

14 replies

Mar 9, 2012 6:12 AM in response to Jerry V

The items are not locked. In fact, both options are grayed out in the “Arrange” menu item when the objects are selected. Perhaps some more details will be helpful. I’m using the “Yellow Chapter” templates from the basic program. The items only appear in the portrait orientation. The first is a graphic placeholder that appears in to the left of a text box in the bottom half of the “Chapter” and “Secton” page templates. When selected, it has circles not X’s as per the previous reply. The second object is the text box which behaves identically. The corresponding text box in the landscape orientation is editible

Mar 9, 2012 10:48 AM in response to Jerry V

I understand the difference. It looks ok in portrait. I'm worried about it in portrait mode as I assume anyone reading it on the iPHone will probably use portrait, so I'm trying to optimize that view as well. As it is, the object placeholder pushes the text to the right and leaves blank space. Trying to get around it without having to reassign a different page template. That causes me to need to redo some other formatting. Gues I'll just have to bite the bullet and do it.

Editing iBook Author Templates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.