Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Isn't iCloud supposed to store my music??

I was under the impression thatiCloud.com is supossed to store or backup my iTunes music. it was even confirmed with the latest update in iTunes when it listed the recent changes. When I log into icloud.com, all I see are mail, contacts, calendar, find my phone and iWorks. Where's my music??

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 8:49 AM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2012 2:15 PM in response to MKatzenbach

The iTunes 'cloud' facilities are quite separate from iCloud and don't even have to have the samew login.

'iTunes in the Cloud' enables you to download songs (and now movies) purchased on one of your devices onto any other of your devices. This comes at no cost as it doesn't occupy any further server space (the songs already being there - you can't do this with songs which have been removed from the Store).

'iTunes Match' enables you to upload songs you've obtained from other sources to the server, so that they can be downloaded to other devices. This costs $24.99/£21.99 per year, limit 25,000 songs (purchases do not count towards this limit). This is not part of the 5GB free storage in iCloud.

You do all this in iTunes, not in iCloud.

Isn't iCloud supposed to store my music??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.