Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

match and deleting movies from computer

Now that itunes movies are on match, I would like to delete them from my computer to free up space, knowing that I can redownload later. Question: I notice these movies show up on my apple tv, but why do I no longer see them on my computer (as with a cloud on the side). How would I know what movies I have available to redownload on my computer?

MacBook Air 2, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 10:31 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2012 11:27 AM in response to Gabriel Garay1

Movies are not on match, they are available for redownload via the iTunes store. It is different.

To see what is available, go to the main iTunes store page and click on purchased under quick links on the right of the screen. if you then click on Movies you will see what you can redownload.

I wouldn't recommend relying on that though. Just because it is available now doesn't mean it always will be.

Mar 9, 2012 12:12 PM in response to KeithJenner

KeithJenner wrote:

I wouldn't recommend relying on that though. Just because it is available now doesn't mean it always will be.

Very, very true. In fact, not all movies are currently eligible for re-download via iTune in the Cloud because the rights holders won't allow it.

Once again, folks, iTunes Match and iTunes in the Cloud are not substitutes for having a current, on-going, incremental, local backup plan in place.

match and deleting movies from computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.