Hi, think you did not have any luck, or I you have accesswould haveheard back from Apple. I mght have a couple more things to try, your MBP Has a removable battry right? With it turned off, remove the power cord, remone the battery, and push the power button and hold for 10 seconds. reinstall battery and power cord and try boooting.
Intel-based Macs: Using Apple Hardware Test
Apple Hardware Test (AHT) contains a suite of diagnostics that will test the hardware of your computer. It's a great way to rule out a hardware issue when troubleshooting your computer.
Note: Be sure to disconnect any external devices, printers, hard drives, scanners, and so on (other than the Apple keyboard and mouse) from your Apple computer before starting up to Apple Hardware Test and running the diagnostic.
To start up your computer in Apple Hardware Test:
- Press the power button to turn on your computer.
- Press and hold the D key before the gray startup screen appears. An Internet-enabled connection via Ethernet or Wi-Fi is required to use this feature.
Note: Some Macintosh computers that shipped with OS X Lion support the use of Apple Hardware Test over the Internet. These computers will start up to an Internet-based version of AHT if the hard drive does not contain AHT.
- It takes a minute or so for Apple Hardware Test to start up and inspect your hardware configuration. While this is taking place, an icon appears on the screen:
- When the process is complete, select your language and click the right arrow. If you aren't using a mouse, you can use the up and down arrows to select a language and then press the Return key.
- The Apple Hardware Test console appears. You can choose which sort of test or tests to perform:
- To perform all of the basic tests, click the Test button or press the "T" key or the Return key.
- To perform a more thorough diagnostic test, select the "Perform extended testing" checkbox under the Test button before you click the Test button.
Your test results will appear in the window in the bottom-right of the console.To exit AHT, click Restart or Shut Down at the bottom of the window.
Apple Hardware Test is included on the DVDs that are shipped with some Macintosh computers. If the copy on your hard drive becomes unavailable, use the DVDs to run Apple Hardware Test.
- For Intel-based Apple computers that shipped with Mac OS X v10.5.4 or earlier, Apple Hardware Test is located on the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 and should be included with your computer.
- For Apple computers that shipped with Mac OS X v10.5.5 to 10.6.7, Apple Hardware Test is located on the Applications Install Disc 2 and should be included with your computer.
- For some Apple computers that shipped with OS X Lion, if Apple Hardware Test cannot be found on the hard drive, an Internet-based version starts up instead.
Learn about the language availability of AHT.
The Hardware Profile tab of AHT provides specific information about your computer. To see this information, click the tab, then select a subject area on the left.
If you have another MBP, Or accsess to another another MBP you can try the following, it should bring your hard drive, on the host comourt and you can access your hd and check thigs out.
Your display might have had a display faliure, or the ribbon cable problem. Alot of electronic failures happen when,you power up.
On another note we had that srong solar storm last night, and the news said that it could take out things like this...
Try the above, if nothing works, take it to an Apple store, if toyu do have to relace the display, I had a display, and they wanted $1,200.00 to replce it. I just relaced to computer because it was only about $700.00-$800.00 more than repair
Start up the target computer and immediately press and hold down the T key until the FireWire icon appears. The hard disk of the target computer should become available to the host computer and will likely appear on desktop. (If the target computer is running Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger, you can also open System Preferences