Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost contact with remote speakers after installing iTunes 10.6

I upgraded to iTunes 10.6, then noticed I now cannot access remote speakers connected to AirPort Express... directly from iTunes, from my iPhone, nor from my iPad. Please Help.

iMac, MacBookPro, MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 12:19 PM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2012 12:48 PM in response to Larry Kry

BTW... Upgrading to iTunes 10.6 is definitely the problem. When I go to my laptop and ask iTunes to play through all four external speakers that I have installed throughout the house, everything works just fine, just as it always has year after year.

I therefore tried to re-install the previous version of iTunes from Time Machine, and from Apple site download. In each case I'm informed I can't install the previous version because a more current version is already installed. If I try to trash iTunes, I'm told I can't because it is part of the Mac OS X Operating system.

Anybody aware of a work around to get me back to my previous version of iTunes? iTunes 10.6 (40) is causing

my system problems.

Aug 1, 2012 8:07 AM in response to Larry Kry

Hi Larry,

I had the same problem with iTune 10.6.5, and one cannot uninstall it. I was on the phone with Apple wireless support. The solution is to upgrae firmware on the Express, whihc cannot be doen with the latest airport utilities. HOwever, Apple re-posted Airport utility 5.6 for lion, which will then allow you to upgrade the firmware on older Aplle Express Units. This in turn will allow iTune 10.6 to communicate properly wit the Express. Doing so restored my connection to the speakesr without any further issues.

Give it a try...

the utility i sloctaed at:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1482?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Best,

rk007

Lost contact with remote speakers after installing iTunes 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.