Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot get past the registration information screen

I just bought a new iMac and I am trying to set it up. I first tried to migrate my information from my macbook to my imac and it was taking too long. Estimated time was 46-hours. So, I quit that and continued on with the set up. I am at the registration information screen and I have filled all my information out but it won't let me continue. The continue button is stilled greyed out. How do I continue???

iMac

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 2:13 PM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2012 2:17 PM in response to cjpsych80

It sounds like you haven't filled out one of the tabs or entries properly? Is there a "Back" button?

I suggest, if possible, that you go back and do the migration. The time remaining estimates are often outrageous looking but they come down quickly and it usually takes 1-3 hours for 100 to 200 GB migrating over. I remember seeing estimates of 50 hours remaining but it really took ~ 2 hrs. are you doing this through USB or Firewire?

Mar 9, 2012 2:34 PM in response to steve626

I ended up having to do a commond + Q to get out of the screen. The back button didn't lead you anywhere usual. I had to shut down and start all over without migrating my data. That worked and I was able to get all the way through registration. I will have to try to migrating my data at a different time. I may have to purchase a transfer cable instead of relying on my wifi. My macbook is over 5 years old so the software may be too outdated for the wireless migration to work.

Thanks for your help and reply.

cannot get past the registration information screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.