Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export my workflow settings in A3?

I have a problem when exporting an image to my desktop and then importing into Snapseed for Mac Desktop.

When I save from Snapseed, and try to import into A3, I get a large black box in the middle right of the image.

Snapseed support needs to know the exact workflow settings to diagnose the problem.

I saved the Metadata, but don't know how I can send a .txt file to Snapseed of the workflow.

Any ideas... it's an oddball problem, but if anyone can solve it, this is the place.

Thanks.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 8 GB RAM. 500 HD, Bamboo Tablet

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 6:37 PM

You'll need to define 'workflow settings'.

But you post is confusing, You write you have a probelm exporting (from Aperture?) and then importing into snapseed. Then you write the probelm is when you save from snapseed and import into Aperture.

So which is it?

6 replies

Mar 9, 2012 7:15 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Thanks for the heads up Frank. Let me see if I can slow down and try to be better in explaining what's going on.

1. After downloaded from my camera to Aperture, II created an image, after I first made a new version from the Master. i.e. Version 2

2. After creating the new image, uploaded my version 2 image to Flcikr and a copy to the Desktop.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iradick/6966237421/

3. I Exported a copy of the Master into Snapseed.

4 I made adjustments in Snapseed and saved that to the Desktop.

5. I Imported the Snapseed adjusted version from the Desktop back into Aperture so I could have a copy in my A3 Library.

6. When I Imported the Snapseed image into the A3 Library. there was a rectangular black box on the image.

7. I contacted Snapseed by Nik software. Here's their reply.

>> Thank you for contacting Nik Software.

Please send us the following:

Your original image, previous to any editing.

A step by step guide to your workflow, including the settings you are using to import/export to and from Aperture.

A system profile report ( including how to get the report by going to About this Mac, More info, Create system report.

They provided me a diagnostic program called ProDiagnosis to help analyze that report.

Second, please download and run the attached "ProDiag6" system profiler.

If completed correctly, a "ProDiag.txt" and "ProDiag.txt.tgz" file will be created on your Desktop.

Reply to this email and attach the system profile report and ProDiag Files.

We will then send this on to our engineering team to further determine the cause of the issue you are having. Should we need further information, we will contact you.

This I thought was going to give them exif information on the setting on my A3 adjustments on the Version 2 image from A3.

I hope this helps it may sound convoluted, but unless I can send them my "workflow" of the create Version 2, they can't analyze what went wrong.

As an amature photographer, and now trying to be more of a digital artist and posting on Flcikr to guage reaction from real pro's (you know the type - the world revolves around Photoshop) and getting positive comments..

I'm realize that A3 doesn't do layers, my Nikon point and shoot S8000 only shoots in jpeg format, so I'm juggling learning how to use the camera settings (NO Auto mode), Aperture 3, and Flckr to fast track and step up my game, I downloaded Snapseed from the App store and now have a better handle on the terms and what the sliders do.

So, the basic question comes down to how to get a copy as a txt file of the settings that were used when I created the Version 2 image.

HTH,

Ira-

Mar 9, 2012 8:07 PM in response to indigo222

Haven't got much time before I'm off for the night so...

Nice image but you did that in Aperture?

Anyway if you look at the image exported from snapseed BUT BEFORE importing it into Aperture is the black box there?

What format is the image from snapseed, jpg, tiff, other?

If you export the image with the blackbox from Aperture to the desktop and look at it is the blackbox still there?

Please send us the following:

Your original image, previous to any editing.

Not a problem

A step by step guide to your workflow, including the settings you are using to import/export to and from Aperture.

No way to automate this you'll need to write down pretty much what you posted here the second time. You could take a screen shot of the export settings. How did you import the image from snapseed?

A system profile report ( including how to get the report by going to About this Mac, More info, Create system report.

Screen shot again, or you can cut and paste from the System Information window.

So, the basic question comes down to how to get a copy as a txt file of the settings that were used when I created the Version 2 image.

HTH,

Ira-

No way that I know of. Aperture doesn't record those in an easy to get manner. They're in the library and used to make the version from the master but they are not in a text format.

I would think a screen shot of the adjustment pane of the Inspector should be sufficient for them to see what is going on.

If not and if they have Aperture and I assume they do if they write plugins for it you can suggest you send them a library of the problem. You could make an album of the original and the image imported from snapseed having the problem and export that as a library. Wouldn't think it would be to large to send or post.

Good luck, it's not fun when you have a situation like this, two different vendors.

Like I said I'd be interested to see if the image exported from snapseed before going into Aperture looks ok and also what the damaged image looks like if you export it.

If you want to post the image out of snapseed I'll try loading into Aperture here and see if I get the same problem.

regards

Mar 9, 2012 8:30 PM in response to indigo222

To other things you might what to try:

One is to create a new empty Aperture library and import the image from snapseed into it to see if it still has the problem.

The other is to create a new user account and run Aperture from that account and try this to sss if the problem still occurs.

If the problem goes away in either of those two cases then the problem is somewhere on your system. Post back if that happens and we can troubleshoot it.

regards

Mar 9, 2012 8:52 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Thanks Frank, all the images since September are all created in Aperture 3, and I've posted many of them on the Aperture 3 group in hopes on inspiring someone else that there's so much you can do with the software if you spend the time necessary to learn it.

Through my Oee to One lessons I take once a week at the Apple store, I've made an major advance in learning how things work, where they are located, where to logically look for something and I still have so much to learn.

To answer your questionm, the Snapseed image is a jpg file.

I shouldn't have to create new accounts, and do an elaborate turnaround to simply import an image if it was saved in a common format like .jpg.

I donlt know if I can attch the Snapseed photo in this community forum.

The screen capture might be an easier workaround.

I've got an appointment at the Apple store next Wednesday , Mar 14.

I was hoping to try to solve it by posting it here where I always get a much faster response and it's not an issue that's covered by Apple Care since it's other software and not hardware issue.

I tried to add the image in this group by pressing on the camera icon on the bar above, but it is too large

I'll check back tomorrow since it's about midnight here on the East Coast.

Have a good evening.

Mar 10, 2012 7:49 AM in response to indigo222

indigo222 wrote:

Thanks Frank, all the images since September are all created in Aperture 3, and I've posted many of them on the Aperture 3 group in hopes on inspiring someone else that there's so much you can do with the software if you spend the time necessary to learn it.

Interesting. I've pushed at the edges of Aperture but not like this.

To answer your questionm, the Snapseed image is a jpg file.

I shouldn't have to create new accounts, and do an elaborate turnaround to simply import an image if it was saved in a common format like .jpg.

Those steps weren't suggested as a permanent solution, but as an aid to troubleshooting the problem. By trying each of those and seeing if the problem changes it might be possible to narrow down just where the problem is, your library, your environment or the system.

You should also try the other steps I mentioned, looking at the image after it comes out of snapseed but before you import it into Aperture. Also look at it when you export the image with the blackbox from Aperture.

I donlt know if I can attch the Snapseed photo in this community forum.

The screen capture might be an easier workaround.

I've got an appointment at the Apple store next Wednesday , Mar 14.

I was hoping to try to solve it by posting it here where I always get a much faster response and it's not an issue that's covered by Apple Care since it's other software and not hardware issue.

I tried to add the image in this group by pressing on the camera icon on the bar above, but it is too large

I'll check back tomorrow since it's about midnight here on the East Coast.

Have a good evening.

A screen shot really won't be of much help, it will just show us what you already see, a blackbox in the middle if the image. For someone here to test out the image in Aperture we would need the actually jpg file that was exported from snapseed (assuming that the blackbox isn't already there).

You could make yourself a free dropbox account for this. Dropbox comes in handy for a lot of things and having an account is useful.

Good luck with Apple, as I said try those steps and report back the results. They will really help narrow down the problem.

regards

How can I export my workflow settings in A3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.