Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated from 10.5 and my trackpad will not disconnect when a mouse is connected

Recently updated my macbook to 10.6.8 Snow Leopard with disk. Everything is fine except that when a mouse is connected the trackpad continues connected and it is very difficult to write. The cursor is very jumpy and constantly selecting whole sentences and errasing. I have tried changing mouse and even installed MS software. Nothing works.

This did not happen in OS 10.5

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), updated from 10.5

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 8:07 PM

Ignoring the jumpiness, of course connecting the mouse (I am assuming you are talking about the Magic Mouse) won't disconnect the TP since they have nothing to do with each other other than they are both pointing devices. They are two independent bluetooth devices.

As for the MM cursor jumpiness, well, that's a "popular" problem. Google "jumpy magic mouse".

You might want to check the mouse system preferences, particularly the double click speed and various finger touch settings. You also might want to consider possible sources of interference (not the TP):

AirPort and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2012 8:07 PM in response to CarlosQ

Ignoring the jumpiness, of course connecting the mouse (I am assuming you are talking about the Magic Mouse) won't disconnect the TP since they have nothing to do with each other other than they are both pointing devices. They are two independent bluetooth devices.

As for the MM cursor jumpiness, well, that's a "popular" problem. Google "jumpy magic mouse".

You might want to check the mouse system preferences, particularly the double click speed and various finger touch settings. You also might want to consider possible sources of interference (not the TP):

AirPort and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference

I recently updated from 10.5 and my trackpad will not disconnect when a mouse is connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.