Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VoiceOver is can't be enabled

Im trying to turn on VoiceOver on iPod Shuffle (last generation) and this doesn't work. Shows up window with something like this:

"Connecting to iPod Software Update Server..." and this window still opened after 1 hour. I can't wait more. Somethink like this happens when im click on "Restore" button. Does Apple have troubles with servers? Maybe some lags because iOS 5.1 released? Servers are busy? I have no ideas what's wrong.

I have reinstall Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) on my Mac and problem still here. I have no firewalls or antiviruses, only VirusBarrier Plus, but it can't be a reason. So sorry for my bad english 🙂

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 3:25 AM

4 replies

Mar 11, 2012 4:27 AM in response to richard104

Thanks =)

I go to Summary, i have scrolled to Voiceover Options and Click "Turn On VoiceOver".

Shows up window with something like this:

"Connecting to iPod Software Update Server..." and this window still opened after 1 hour.

Similar happens when im trying to Restore my iPod. So, i think Apple have problems with their servers. Any other ideas?

richard104, i really happy that i have no bad english. 🙂

Aug 24, 2014 8:54 AM in response to Alex from Russia

I had problems activating voiceover on my 4th generation ipod shuffle as well. Here's how I got it to work....

I'm using a macbook, OS 10.6.8, iTunes version 11.3.1 (2). I connected my iPod and navigated through the iTunes device list to the iPod summary tab. I clicked on the "Enable Voiceover" button and a window came up saying that iTunes was checking with a server to install a voiceover kit. After about 10 minutes, an error message came up saying the voiceover kit couldn't be installed due to error 502. I ejected my iPod, unplugged it from the usb port, and then plugged it back in again. Once again, in iTunes I navigated to the voiceover enable option in summary. This time, I clicked on the enable button and a window came up allowing me to install the voiceover kit - and now it works!

Hope that helps somebody!

VoiceOver is can't be enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.