Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AT&T emails on 10.7.3 MacBook Pro

Out of the blue my 7 AT&T email addresses go offline in Mail. When requested to go online a box pops up requesting passwords and it never stops popping despite checking REMEMBER box. I can access webmail without any problems. Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 6:12 AM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2012 6:44 AM in response to marilyn Mackay

Go to the KeyChain application and delete all passwords for servers associated with that account. In Mail, check that all settings are correct. Reinput the passwrod information in the preferences. You will get a prompt when checking and sending mail and just save the passwords again in KeyChain.

Are you using POP or IMAP settings? Here are the pop3 settings:

Email Program Settings Field:Enter:
Incoming (POP)inbound.att.net
Outgoing (SMTP)

outbound.att.net

(requires authentication)
Incoming mail server:POP3
Incoming/Outgoing User Name:Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g., test@att.net, test@bellsouth.net)
Incoming mail port #:995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing mail port #465, secure connection (SSL) checked

In addition, this happens on occasion to me using ATTs email addresses. Probably has trouble getting to the servers on occasion. I just usually close the message box and try again it it goes through. If it happens constantly, then that's a problem.

AT&T emails on 10.7.3 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.