Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The iPod could not be synced because the iPod could not be found on the network"

Whenever I try to wirelessly sync my iPod touch I get this message, and then the iPod "disappears" from the itunes sidebar, and will not reappear unless i log out of my session and log back in. When I try to sync again, the same thing happens.

I just got Lion yesterday as well as a brand new touch, and iOS 5 is installed. "Sync with this iPod over wi-fi" has been enabled.

What am I doing wrong? It connects fine and syncs with the cable, but wirelessly it does not want to work. They are both using the same wireless connection.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 7:29 AM

Intermittent problems are often a result of interference. Interference can be caused by other networks in the neighbourhood or from household electrical items.

You can download and install iStumbler (NetStumbler for windows users) to help you see which channels are used by neighbouring networks so that you can avoid them, but iStumbler will not see household items.

Refer to your router manual for instructions on changing your wifi channel or adjusting your multicast rate.

There are other types of problems that can affect networks, but this is by far the most common, hence worth mentioning first.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2012 7:29 AM in response to Trevor 81

Intermittent problems are often a result of interference. Interference can be caused by other networks in the neighbourhood or from household electrical items.

You can download and install iStumbler (NetStumbler for windows users) to help you see which channels are used by neighbouring networks so that you can avoid them, but iStumbler will not see household items.

Refer to your router manual for instructions on changing your wifi channel or adjusting your multicast rate.

There are other types of problems that can affect networks, but this is by far the most common, hence worth mentioning first.

"The iPod could not be synced because the iPod could not be found on the network"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.