Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto for iPad: Photo box

I've just started using iPhoto for iPad.

This album called Photo Box showed up, and I don't know where it came from. Does anyone know?

It has a yellow icon like the Edited album, but it doesnt have the binder ring and look like a 3-ring binder. Instead, it is closed on the right and left like a box, but the size of the binders. I don't know how it got there or how to get rid of it or the things in it.

The photos in it look like they came from Photo Stream, althoug my photo stream has 1000 photos, and the photo box has just 3. The photo box photos are not currently anywhere else on the iPad (and aren't in the Photos app) except in photo stream.

Is this documented anywhere?

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 3:35 PM

2 replies

Nov 7, 2012 1:57 PM in response to Linda Custer

Linda, see this support article:

iPhoto for iOS (iPhone): What are albums?

The Photo Box saves photos, that have been removed from albums:

Photo Box: If a photo appears in an album (Edited, Flagged, Favorites, Journals, or custom) and you delete the photo from your device, the photo remains in the album. If you remove the photo’s edits and tags, or delete the photo from the journal, iPhoto moves the photo to the Photo Box album (and removes it from the album it was in). If you edit or tag a photo in the Photo Box album, or add it to a journal, the photo is removed from the Photo Box album (and added to the appropriate album).

Regards

Léonie

iPhoto for iPad: Photo box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.