Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eMac no os problem

hello today my copy of tiger stopped working on my emac and my eMac does not have a dvd drive in it so i put it in target disk mode and connected it through my powerbook g4 and it installed succsessfully. Well that is what it said. When I turned on my eMac it displayed a folder with a finder and then to a qestion mark and it kept flashing like that so I rebooted it while holding the t key. It wouldn't boot into target disk mode. My keybnoard is a logitech k120 and the emac is a 1 ghz 512 mb 40gb not dead hard drive. Please help and sorry for bad spelling.

eMac g4 1 ghz-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 4:24 PM

9 replies

Mar 10, 2012 5:07 PM in response to Dbrad475

Does it boot into any of these modes?

Holding Option/alt key at bootup.

Holding SHIFT key at bootup.

Target mode after powering down completley...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1661

Does it boot to Single User Mode, CMD+s keys at bootup, if so try...

/sbin/fsck -fy

Repeat until it shows no errors fixed.

(Space between fsck AND -fy important).

Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck...

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Mar 11, 2012 6:36 PM in response to Dbrad475

Put the eMac in Target modeagain.

In Disk Utilty on the PB...

2. Select the eMacs Hard Drive.

3. Click the Erase tab.

4. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

5. Select your Mac OS X volume.

6. Highlight the drive, select Partition Tab, then Format type... MacOS Extended Journalled, select the Security Options button, choose Zero Out Data, Erase... after completion hopefully you'll be able to install.

eMac no os problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.