Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad (first gen) cannot get out of recovery mode. I tried things online like recboot, etc. but it doesn't work. I tried to restore via itunes but my prob is it also updates to new ios when it restores and my download of new ios ALWAYS gets cut. HELP!

My ipad (first gen) cannot get out of recovery mode. It started when my ipad email suddenly hung so I tried to restart it. When I turned the unit off, it hung while turning off so I tried to reboot it (pressed the power and home button simultaneously). Then, it went to recovery mode.

There are many self-help stuff on youtube but none seems to work- recboot, blackra1n, and such. I tried to restore via itunes but once I click restore, it asks if I am okay with restore/updating to new IOS, and my download of the new IOS ALWAYS stops mid-way.

I live in the Philippines so going to an apple store is not that accessible to me. Please help!

By the way, my Ipad is synced to a PC.

iPad

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 5:35 PM

Try disabling your firewall and antivirus software and maybe the update will download.

2 replies

My ipad (first gen) cannot get out of recovery mode. I tried things online like recboot, etc. but it doesn't work. I tried to restore via itunes but my prob is it also updates to new ios when it restores and my download of new ios ALWAYS gets cut. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.