Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod connected to wi-fi but internet won't load????

My iPod touch says it's connected to wifi but the internet won't load. The internet connection to my macbook is working fine and it is using the same network. is there a solution to this problem?

iPod touch, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 6:48 PM

I had that too. Go to your Wifi router, turn it off for about 10-13 seconds. Turn the router back on.Wait a little bit on your iPod, load up Safari, and it should work.

2 replies

Apr 29, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Blizzard10

So I'm having this problem with my Ipod 5th gen. I tried absolutely everything but the router suggestions. Mainly because this problem isn't just at home, it's everywhere. I can connect to every free wifi or pass-worded wifi (with the correct password) just fine. But I can't access the internet or apps using the internet at all. Full signal like everyone else. Just no results. Took every tip in this forum and nothing has worked. Even tried deleting the apps that weren't working and re-installing just to make sure it wasn't just a crappy connections with the internet. NOTHING! Someone please help? I'm starting to think it might just be the antenna or the fact that it's about 2 years old and kind of abused. It's been working up until I recovered it after 2 1/2 months of being last in the mix of pants that were packed away. Didn't get washed or anything just had the battery die while it was sitting there. Found it yesterday and starting today I can't access Safari, Youtube, the App Store, or anything else that requires an internet connection. What should I do? Should I take it in to the Apple Store and get it checked out? Or is there something I can do by myself?

iPod connected to wi-fi but internet won't load????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.