Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when you see charging not supported with this accessory what do you do

when you see charging not supported with this accessory what do you do????

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 12:23 AM

14 replies

Apr 2, 2012 1:03 AM in response to Diamond267

If the accessory is the actual charger that is not working then get a new one.

If you have connected your iPod to speakers, stereo, etc and it says on the box/ packet that it is supposed to charge it than this device is faulty and you need to take it back and get a new one.

If on the box/ packet it says that it doesnt charge or it says nothing about charging then it is not meant to chage and your smart little ipod is just notifying you of this.

Nov 7, 2012 5:46 PM in response to Diamond267

I do not know if this was said because I did not read through all these responses. But I have had the same problem and got really scared because my phone finally died and I wasn't able to charge it. I updated my phone a while ago and never had this problem until recently when I have been switching cables from one of the newer iphones, I have a 4s one and my father has the newest iphone. So maybe this is the problem, since my phone only charges with his charger now -_- So ridiculous.

Mar 16, 2013 6:58 PM in response to Diamond267

Apparently there are several things that can go wrong between the outlet and the battery. This includes things inside the phone. After trying every single suggestion between 2 different threads on this I was down to desperate measures.

The old trick of banging on things actualy fixed my iPhone. After removing my case, I tapped it flat back against my desk top a couple of times just for the **** of it (After many drops and accidental kicks picking it up I have come to realize these things are tough.) Imediatlye it started to charge.

Before this it would charge a tad slow. Now it seems to really recharge quite rapid. I guess corroded connections might be at play but I am not sure.

So if all else fails for you give it a try, at your own risk of course. Don't come looking for me to buy you a new one.

Thats my leagal disclaimer if you didn't recognize it.

Jun 5, 2013 7:07 AM in response to BobHarris

I have had this problem for about a year with any charger. The phone 3GS does charge but very slowly 100% takes 36-48 hours and iot drains very quickly. I was staying with a friend last week and he had a john lewis DAB radio with ipod connection and that charged my phone overnight.

I have come to the conclusion that I need a new battery and have ordered one from Amazon for under a tenner. simples

Oct 3, 2013 3:08 PM in response to Diamond267

I've had this happen as much with the original Apple charger as I have with third party chargers. Sometimes aftermarket cables may be suspect. Try again with all original Apple parts: Charger and cable that came with the phone. In almost every case, unplugging and replugging the cable gets it going for me. Usually only once is necessary. If the problem continues, I'd drop in an Apple store. They will diagnose the problem for free, and only charge you if the phone is out of warranty and you ask them to do any repair.

when you see charging not supported with this accessory what do you do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.