Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am moving to the U.S. for a year, from the UK. Should I get an iPhone here (UK) or wait until I'm there?

I am moving to the U.S. for a year, after which I will be returning permenantly to the UK. I am going to buy an iPhone, but am unsure whether it would be better to buy it here, or when I get over there?

Hopefully the phone will last for more than a year!

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 12:59 AM

You can Buy an Unlocked and Sim Free iPhone in the UK that you can use World Wide...

See Here http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone/iphone4s

In particular see About the Unlocked iPhone Link on the right of the above page...

4 replies

Mar 11, 2012 4:35 AM in response to whatamalice

If you do buy before you go do not worry about your warrenty as Apple should still support iy as all you need to prove is that you bought it while you were a resident in the UK. Why companies do not like to support other contry warrenties as they wany to stop grey imprts. In your case you are a UK citezen going to the US for a year and they should support it. Though like most users you probably will not need this option.

Buying before you go means that when you return to the UK you will still be able to use your phone here in the UK. The US carries like 2 + year contracts and tend to be more expensive than UK contracts. Not sure if they have as many deals as we do have in the UK.

I am moving to the U.S. for a year, from the UK. Should I get an iPhone here (UK) or wait until I'm there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.