Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does my iPhone has international warranty??

Hi,

i bought my iphone 3gs from US on my visit to new york.now i m back to united kingdom to live here permanantely.i just found out my iphone 3gs started created problem,the dispay keeps coming on and off.the phone still has 7 months warranty with apple.the question is can i swape my phone with a working one from apple uk store?i been to one of uk apple store,the refused me exchange or repair as it was bought from US apple store.i can not go back to us for this.can anybody help?

thanksa

iPhone 3GS (8GB), iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 6:32 AM

2 replies

Mar 11, 2012 6:50 AM in response to ambreen kamran

Try to reset or restore your iPhone. If that does not solve your problem,

your options are as follows.

Warranty on iPhone is not international. You can try some Apple stores

in the UK to see if any will honor the warranty, but they are not required to.

Your other choice is to ship the iPhone to a friend/relative in the US,

have them take the iPhone to Apple for repair/replacement, and then

ship the iPhone back to you. You will be responsible for the shipping costs.

You cannot ship the iPhone directly to Apple US nor will they ship

out of the US to you or a known freight forwarding company.

does my iPhone has international warranty??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.