4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2012 11:39 PM by malik woods513
studat Level 1 Level 1

Having problems with my iPod, and no wi-fi connection over the past couple of days - can anybody suggest anything or is anybody having the same problems??????

iPod touch, iOS 5.1
  • lllaass Level 10 Level 10

Does the iPod see the networks? If no, then maybe this is your problem.  It is frequently a hardware problem.

iOS: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth settings grayed out or dim

If it see the networks try:

- A reset. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch:  Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on the router

- Reset Network Settings: Setings>General Reset>Reset Network Settings.

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

• arrkerr Level 1 Level 1

This has also happened to me on my 32gb 3rd gen ipod touch.  The phone was working fine on 5.0.1 but now that I am on 5.1 it says "no wi-fi".  Presumably this means it can't detect that wifi is even present.  I have tried all of the steps above, restored and reset the ipod multiple times from multiple computers and have not restored a backup so it is a clean slate.  I have also done the reset network settings and reset all settings after booting a clean install of 5.1.

This has to be a driver or firmware problem... the chance of my wifi card breaking or something at the exact time I went to 5.1 seems very very slim.

Help!

• malik woods513 Level 1 Level 1

That's the same thing that happend to me it was working fine then when i updated it it saids No Wi Fi

Can anybody help mePhoto 2.jpg

arrkerr wrote:

This has also happened to me on my 32gb 3rd gen ipod touch.  The phone was working fine on 5.0.1 but now that I am on 5.1 it says "no wi-fi".  Presumably this means it can't detect that wifi is even present.  I have tried all of the steps above, restored and reset the ipod multiple times from multiple computers and have not restored a backup so it is a clean slate.  I have also done the reset network settings and reset all settings after booting a clean install of 5.1.

This has to be a driver or firmware problem... the chance of my wifi card breaking or something at the exact time I went to 5.1 seems very very slim.

Help!

• malik woods513 Level 1 Level 1

That didnt work