Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't import some audio files from my computer to Logic, They play in iTunes but when I import them to logic , the regions become black almost and have no sound. Other wav's files play normally. What's the problem?

I can't import some audio files from my computer to Logic, They play in iTunes but when I import them to logic , the regions become black almost and have no sound. Other wav's files play normally. What's the problem?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 7:04 AM

5 replies

Mar 24, 2012 8:26 AM in response to Natibe

WAV and AIFF are both PCM formats, meaning their audio is "binarized" almost identically, the main differences are in the few hundred bytes of info that form the file header. WAV is the "native" audioformat for DOS/Windows based machines, AIFF is Apples' "native" audioformat. Sometimes WAVs' made in Windows have small incompatibilities in their file header, which disappears/gets rectified when converted to AIFF.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.