Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble importing Sony mini dv audio to iMovie '09

Folks: I'm running Mac OS X (10.7.2) and iMovie'09 on my 27 inch imac. I'm using a Sony dcr-trv19 that is connectied via firewire to the camera. The audio, overall, comes in synced fine; however, there is clipping at the higher frequencies that is really annoying. The only way to describe it is that you lose anything above 15hz or so. So every "S" is flat and you get the digitized effect on most words, etc. I've listened to the source tape via the camera in playback to my headphones and do notice that occassionally the camera picked up a bit too much audio, like it is maxed out or as if the level was too high and it hit the red and then ditigized. But that is seldom when compared to the overall level on the iMovie version where the majority of "S"s are cut. Almost like sibilance effect on the digital side. There are no apparent audio import controls to bring the level down, when importing, etc. What are my options to try to improve my import qualities? I've considered upgrading to iMovie '11, but not sure it gives me more import power. Thoughts?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 27 inch, 1 TB HD

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 8:53 AM

1 reply

Trouble importing Sony mini dv audio to iMovie '09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.