Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change tab color in safari?

Tab background color in Safari is too dark and there is very poor contrast between black text and dark gray backjground. Is there a way to change the color of Tab to White or another lighter color to have greater contrast with the Black text?

I heard about an APP called SafariStand. Is it OK for Safari 5.1.3 for Lion? Are there any other options?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), MBA 13" July 2011

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 8:38 AM

8 replies

Mar 11, 2012 6:25 PM in response to HACKINT0SH

I thank you for your response but I am looking for a non-trivial solution if there is one. I have already tried all possible ways to improve the visibility. Even at maximum brightness and with power adapter connected, the contrast between black text and dark gray (metallic) tab, is poor.

This solution is not helpful to me. Thank you.

Apr 8, 2012 8:55 PM in response to nareshfromhudson

Here is what I came up with after spending 4 hours playing with options.

Copy following code and save it in some .css file ( for ex. safaricolor.css). Then go to safari - preferences - advanced , select style sheet and click on other. Here select the .css file (safaricolor.css in my case). and see how your colors look. You can play with different background colors of your choice just change B5B5B5 with whatever color code you want. Hope this helps good luck.

@media screen,projection,tv {

P, a, abbr, acronym, article, aside, b, bdi, big,

colgroup, command, dd, dfn, dir, div, dl, dt, em, embed,

blink, blockquote, body, canvas, caption, center, cite, code, col,

span, h6, h6 a, h6 a b, h6 abbr, h6 center, h6 span, header, hgroup,

strong, sub, summary, sup, table, td, textarea, th, time, tr, tt, u,

ul, var, xmp {

background-color: #B5B5B5 ! important;

}

}

Mar 25, 2013 4:08 AM in response to Justauser1

O.K..

I read your thread thanks. Am I suppose to copy the bottom paragraph and save it and how do I do it? This paragraph

@media screen,projection,tv {

P, a, abbr, acronym, article, aside, b, bdi, big,

colgroup, command, dd, dfn, dir, div, dl, dt, em, embed,

blink, blockquote, body, canvas, caption, center, cite, code, col,

span, h6, h6 a, h6 a b, h6 abbr, h6 center, h6 span, header, hgroup,

strong, sub, summary, sup, table, td, textarea, th, time, tr, tt, u,

ul, var, xmp {

background-color: #B5B5B5 ! important;

}

}

In other words... Im "newbie" to this type of thing. If you've got time. please elabarote in more details

Thanks in Advance

RAV

Feb 27, 2015 9:19 PM in response to nareshfromhudson

What Safari needs are the Colorful Tabs and Tab Mix Plus extensions for Firefox!

There are a number of configuration options & extensions available for Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox that Mail and Safari users could benefit from - though all in all I prefer the overall functionality of Mail and Safari.

-a recent emigre from Ubuntu, LONG since abandoned Windows! 🙂

How to change tab color in safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.