Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

authorize computers?

I'm to my 5 Max -- one computer had to be erased and OS reinstalled but because it was unable to get on the internet before doing so, it could not first be deauthorized. So, it's 'locked in' and I can't make space for another machine to be added. What can I do about that? I know one can deauthorize all 5 and start fresh, so to speak, but does that adversely affect the other computers using iTunes etc. because they are not having a problem

Is there any way to 'see' which computers are authorized??

MacPro, MBPro, MBAir & Aperture3, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPad and iPhone4

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 12:19 PM

Victoria Herring wrote:

Is there any way to 'see' which computers are authorized??

No, there isn't. You can deauthorize all to reset the counter at the iTunes Store and the only effect on your other computers will be the need to authorize each of them again.

8 replies

Mar 11, 2012 12:20 PM in response to Victoria Herring

The only way to do is to deauthorise 'all' computers and reset your authorisations to 0. You'll then have to reauthorise all your computers. Other than having to reauthorise when asked (or by using Store -> Authorise This Computer) there should be no ill effects on the deauthorised systems.

There's no way to see a list of which computers are authorised to play your content - although you can view a list of which computers are authorised to access your cloudy stuff (automatic downloads, previous purchases etc) which I find very odd. If it's possible for one, it should be easy enough for the other too, but Apple is Apple.....who knows why they do things the way they do.

Jul 5, 2012 7:24 AM in response to Victoria Herring

In order to see which devices are authorized on your account:

Open iTunes

Click Store

Click Account

Click View Account

Enter your password

Look in the second section iTunes in the Cloud

To the far right you'll see Manage Devices

Once it's clicked you will see all of the devices currently authorized in iTunes/on your account

I was going to say, "Hope this helps," but based on the above, I'm pretty sure it did!

Thanks guys...

Jul 5, 2012 9:27 AM in response to Tina16

For anyone who may come across this thread, Tina is incorrect. That doesn't show all the systems that are authorized to a given account, only those which are set up for automatic downloads or redownloading, which isn't the same as those that are authorized to an account to play protected content. There is no way to see a list of those systems which are authorized to the account.

Regards.

authorize computers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.