Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture - Presets

I lost "Quick Fixes" and "Color" in the presets. Where do I find them and how do I re-install them?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 8:27 PM

28 replies

Mar 12, 2012 7:27 AM in response to R021043F2

OK must have been asllep last night (time chage will do that)

Anyway to get your missing presets back do:

First Quit Aperture

1. Go to folder ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture - That is your home Library folder. In Lion that Folder is hidden so to see in Finder to Go->Go to Folder in the window that opens paste in the above path pres return
  2. Move the Adjustment Chain Presets file to the Desktop
  3. Restart Aperture

The presets should be back

Mar 12, 2012 8:11 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

So Aperture splits things between the preferences file and these files in Application Support?

Trashing preferences will keep these user presets.

Is there any place else that Aperture keeps items like this?

Meaning, if you wanted to get Aperture back to a full reset, what else beside the preferences file and these preset files would you have to delete?

Mar 12, 2012 12:14 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Thanks, you won;t be to far behind at the rate you're going!

😊 I am astonished myself - I wouldn't have dared to dream of ever setting a foot on Mount Aperture, when I wrote my first post nine month ago, and it would not have been possible without your (and Kirby's) guidance and kind and clever coaching. I so enjoy the team spirit of the Aperture forum!

That's a shot of fireworks but its hard to do much in the space given.

oh, and there I thought it is the Babel Fish mutated into the Cookie Monster 😁 How about using Aperture plug-ins to sharpen the fire works?

Log off for today and celebrate 🙂

Cheers

Léonie

Mar 13, 2012 4:57 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I'm right here Frnk. I may not know a lot about Aprture, but I can spll relly wel.

Congratulations on achieving Level 6. It's one thing to post a lot, it's all together different when what you post is very helpful to so many people. Especially people like me who can't seem to find the answer that's often times in the user manual.

Which reminds me.

Where's all my photos? I look inside my Picture folder in Finder and I don't see any photos. When I open Aperture I see them all. Why can't I find them in Finder? Why do they even bother calling it Finder if I can't find anything? Don't tell me, I'll figure it out.

Aperture - Presets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.