Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal on iMac won't synch with iphone 4 with 4s software update

Help please.

Since I updated my iphone 4 with the software for iphone 4s my ical on my imac won't synch with my iphone calendar. Also events are duplicated. It is driving me crazy as I have to check both clandarsd to ensure I don't miss any events and have to physically re enter them separately into the different calendars.

If the fix involves backing up or anything technical can you please explain fully how I do it as I am not a very experienced mac user.

Thanks

Nicole

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 9:50 PM

9 replies

Mar 11, 2012 9:53 PM in response to nicole211

"Well, I figured it out. The events that weren't syncing from my laptop to my iPhone were events for which I had changed the "calendar". In other words, I set up some events in iCal, all of which were part off the same calendar, but then I didn't like the color of those events. So I created a new calendar and changed these events by right clicking on them to assign them to the new calendar. Somehow, moving these events from the calendar they were created on to a different one caused them not to be recognized by the sync process. This sounds like a bug to me."

- Found this, hope it helps

I Hope I Was Able To Help You Or Solve Your Question.

Simmm

If Someone Helped You, Click

"This Helped Me"

If Someone Solved Your Question, Click

"This Solved My Question"

Mar 21, 2012 12:39 PM in response to Simmm

I am having the same problem. Since I updated the iOS on my iPhone 4 recently now none of my new iCal appointments are synching to my iPhone from my Mac. I have tried everything but nothing new is showing up on my iPhone, all of my old events are still there and anything that was previously scheduled shows but nothing new. Any help

May 31, 2012 8:59 PM in response to nicole211

Same thing's happening with me ... "new events" seem to be showing up even though I don't create an event at that time and if I edit an event, it creates a new event with that name rather than editing the existing one.

Also, if I create an event on my iPhone, it doesn't copy that event to my iCal on the iMac. VER frustrating! I got this phone to make my life easier, not spend half a morning trying to delete claendar events that shouldn't be there and missing events that should be there ...

May 27, 2013 6:24 AM in response to nicole211

So why is it, if there's so many people having the same problem, that Apple aren't doing anything about this? Don't they check these messages and help all these people get to the bottom of this? I've called Apple and spent HOURS/DAYS on trying to get it sorted. What use is an iPhone if we can't use the calendar on it??

Apple Service Centre are you out there or do you just like taking our money?

May 27, 2015 4:00 PM in response to nicole211

I have the same problem, when I updated my Macbook my Iphone 4s calendar wasn't updated so my old appointments were there, but no new ones. I worked out it was because with the update it put my calendar on icloud. I haven't used icloud in the past for this very reason. I now changed the settings on my phone, but I now have no appointments on my phone!! Very frustrating apple. I haven't updated my iphone 4s software because I know it will slow it down. Now see I shouldn't have updated my computer either. Please help apple community, or Apple support as this problem is a major, making me think android is a better option....

iCal on iMac won't synch with iphone 4 with 4s software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.