Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2011 Macbook Pro keyboard noise

My Macbook pro's keyboard has recently started making an aweful platic sound. My usage of the mbp has been very limited since I got it .

So, I contacted Apple Care and was directed to approach their Service Center which I did.

The service center fellows told me this was a "non-issue" and "normal". I contacted Apple Care who got in touch with the particular service center and gave me the same response.

I offcourse donot believe this to be a non issue and therefore I've uploaded a video in which you can hear the particular sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_hmJ8BY_No

So, what I'd like to know is that, is this 'noise' normal?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 3:40 AM

If you are pressing the space bar, mine makes the exact same noise, and always has. In this case, it wouldbe normal.

2 replies

Apr 5, 2014 1:42 AM in response to Captgk

Yes! Exactly the same noise as I recently have! I hate this noise. I feel mad on hearing this noise in a silent room. I don't think it's normal, because I don't remember I have heared this noise months before.

I'm now using an apple bluetooth keyboard, on this keyboard the space bar makes a different noise, larger, but not so ----- sticky. And I find the thinner keyboard has the larger noise. My old PC keyboard has no noise at all.

I can endure this noise, if it is not so sticky.

And my Mac is the Macbook late 2013.

Early 2011 Macbook Pro keyboard noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.