Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro i7 - 3 beeps on startup?

My Macbook Pro battery had run down (it does quite a bit) so I rebooted with the power inserted.

I get a frozen screen saver which is normal, while the progress bar finds it feet back on power.

However this time, I had the frozen screen saver, and a continuous 3 beeps which I've never had before in a loop? I then re-pressed the power switch on the Macbook and it rebooted fine and seems ok.

Do I need to worry? This i7 is coming up to its first year (which I think is covered by Apple?) and I *think* this maybe a memory issue?

If it is, and my Mac is covered, then by a sheer stroke of luck, I decided to get Apple to fit the 8GB memory at the time of purchase (bad I know! and I don't usually do that) BUT that would mean that Apple fitted the memory upgrade and I haven't touched anything myself.

Can anyone clarify if these 3 beeps are a dying Macbook? memory issue? nothing to worry about?

I then booted up this morning with a full battery and the boot up took a lot longer than normal - maybe around 3 minutes on the spinning logo, and then finally booted - are these all worrying signs?

MacBook Pro i7 8GB - iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 1:31 AM

1 reply

Macbook Pro i7 - 3 beeps on startup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.