Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 2.2.1 cpu spike

Hi all,

Following updating to mainstage 2.2.1 and the macbook Pro update, I am getting frequent CPU spikes (and associated 'unable to process audio in time message) in mainstage. I am struggling to isolate the problem, I thought it was the TruePianos AU, but I am intermittently getting the fault in a blank concert too. So much so that I have reverted back to 2.2 untill the problem is fixed. Is anyone else having the same issue? It's always benn extremely stable before but last week I had to quit and restart in the middle of a gig - something ive never had to do before with MS 😟

Any thoughts about how I can perhaps go through some fixes / fault finding please?

Thanks in advace all.

Specs:

Macbook pro 13 inch Mid 2010

2.66 GHz Intel Cor 2 Duo

4gb 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram

Nvidia G2Force 320M 256 MB card

Lion 10.7.3

Mainstage 2.2.1

M-Audio firwire 410 soundcard

AUs:

Truepiano

Dimension Pro

Kontakt 4 (upright piano module only)

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:31 AM

You see the spikes with a blank concert, but do they actually affect the sound? Only because the CPU is doing things doesn't mean it is bad. Are you running other music apps running while this is happening?

BTW: Kontakt is an example of an AU working against a multithreaded audio engine in a host. I don't know TruePiano.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2012 11:31 AM in response to abg0201

You see the spikes with a blank concert, but do they actually affect the sound? Only because the CPU is doing things doesn't mean it is bad. Are you running other music apps running while this is happening?

BTW: Kontakt is an example of an AU working against a multithreaded audio engine in a host. I don't know TruePiano.

Mar 16, 2012 7:11 AM in response to Blueberry

be sure to set Kontakt to just use a single core, and let MainStage handle the rest for you.

also try the advanced settings for buffer sizes, there's an earlier post on here about that - really helped my rig.

make sure you're actually "playing" in performance mode and not edit mode (could be the autosave you're seeing).

you might want to consider going to a newer Mac (I know I am now that there's multi-core support), but an upgrade to 8GB RAM, and running in 64-bit is probably also a good idea.

Mainstage 2.2.1 cpu spike

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.