Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Disconnect All Users in Airport Utility

In AirPort Utility I have just noticed (possibly since doing the OS X update to 10.7.3, early March 2012) that there is no longer a button to 'Disconnect All Users" from a Time Capsule disk.

I used to:

• Open Airport Utility
  • Click Manual Setup
  • Click the Disks icon
  • Click the button that says Disconnect All Users

However, the AirPort Utility interface is now different. Anyone know how to disconnect all users from a Time Capsule?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 2:47 AM

You must be talking about Airport Utility v6. I haven't played around with that one much; it looks totally cut down.

When v6 was released, Apple also released an update to Airport v5.x (which is what you were using) to bring it to v5.6. It's now a separate download:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1482

Download and install that. Afterwards, you'll have both versions of Airport Utility in your Utilities folder:

- Airport Utility (which is the new v6)

- Airport Utility 5.6 (which has the old interface you know)

Launch Airport Utility 5.6 --- you'll know what to do. 😉

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2012 2:47 AM in response to UK!

You must be talking about Airport Utility v6. I haven't played around with that one much; it looks totally cut down.

When v6 was released, Apple also released an update to Airport v5.x (which is what you were using) to bring it to v5.6. It's now a separate download:

Download and install that. Afterwards, you'll have both versions of Airport Utility in your Utilities folder:

Mar 12, 2012 3:18 AM in response to Eric.

Eric, spot-on, I'm using AirPort Utility v6.0 and it looks extremely cut down compared to 5.x. I'd still like to know whether 6.0 has all the 5.x features hidden away somewhere as it seems strange to remove useful functionality completely.

However, for now, followed your very helpful v5.6 suggestion and all is good!

[... which means I can get on with trying to make Time Machine behave again since the update - now that would be a very long thread 😉 ]

Mar 12, 2012 3:53 AM in response to UK!

Eric, I should have marked your answer 'This solved my question' because it more-or-less did. I also didn't realise you can't upgrade a 'This helped me' to a 'Solved', or I'd have thought more about it! If you repost your answer, I'll happily mark it solved.

If anyone has any further details about AirPort v6.0 being cut down or having buried features, I'd be interested in that also.

Mar 12, 2012 7:21 AM in response to UK!

UK! wrote:

Eric, I should have marked your answer 'This solved my question' because it more-or-less did. I also didn't realise you can't upgrade a 'This helped me' to a 'Solved', or I'd have thought more about it! If you repost your answer, I'll happily mark it solved.

OK 🙂

How to Disconnect All Users in Airport Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.