Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard and lack of iCloud - a tip which might help some

I didn't know that Yahoo provides integrated iOS support for calendar, contacts, notes and reminders, in addition to email. And i can set up the Yahoo accounts on my mac in Mail, iCal and Contacts and get a three way sync between my iMac, iPad and iPhone, just like MobileMe!

The only thing that doesn't sync to my mac is Safari bookmarks, but I can live without that (although if anyone knows how to sync them across mac and iOS on SL without using MobileMe then please say). I still have iCloud enabled on my iOS devices so that documents in the cloud sync between my iPad and iPhone, but I've switched all the other iCloud functionality off and use Yahoo for calendars and contacts etc.

The sole reason that was 'forcing' me to upgrade to Lion has just disappeared with this discovery. I didn't know that Yahoo did this, i thought they just did email. But then again I'm not exactly a computer guru. Hope this helps someone.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 4:26 AM

There are no replies.

Snow Leopard and lack of iCloud - a tip which might help some

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.