Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a imac Model Name iMac5,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB Memory: 1 GB Bus Speed: 667 MHz... I wish to upgrade to snow leopard -

I have a Imac 5.1 running Tiger 10. 4.11

Intel core 2 duo

2ghz processor

2 cores

1gb DDR2 SDRAM memory

667MHz

I would like to upgrade to snow leopard, I have tried a couple of times and get an error message this OSX can not run on this mac.

Do I need to upgrade the Ram?

Do I need purchase a retail copy of Snow leopard?

Ed

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 5:51 AM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2012 5:56 AM in response to Ooosx

If you are trying to upgrade using a gray-faced OS X disk from another system, that won't work, as those disks are locked to the system types they are delivered with. You'll need to drop the $29 on a retail copy of Snow Leopard, which is available from the Apple online store. Note Snow Leopard requires 1GB minimum, and you may want at least 2GB for better performance.

I have a imac Model Name iMac5,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB Memory: 1 GB Bus Speed: 667 MHz... I wish to upgrade to snow leopard -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.