You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I connect my sound card motu 896 MK3 to the firewire plot but the computer doesn't recognize it. When i go to the apple menu/about my mac/more info/firewire it says that it can't find out the connected hardware.

I try to connect my soundcard motu 896 MK3 to the firewire plug and my computer doesn't recognize it. When i check on the apple menu/about this mac/more info/firewire it says that it can't figure out what hardware is connected. If i plugg another device through the same firewire plugg then it works.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 5:01 AM

7 replies

Mar 12, 2012 5:18 AM in response to hugolaurent974

I would reset the SMC first,

Shut down the computer.

Unplug the computer's power cord.

Wait fifteen seconds.

Attach the computer's power cord.

Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.

Hers's a link regarding firewire and usb quick assist

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1151?viewlocale=en_US

Are you using the same firewire cable when the second device works? Could it just be a bad cable?

I connect my sound card motu 896 MK3 to the firewire plot but the computer doesn't recognize it. When i go to the apple menu/about my mac/more info/firewire it says that it can't find out the connected hardware.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.