Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create iPod or iPhone version crashes

I have a bunch of MP4 videos, but none of them can sync to my ipod touch 32GB 3rd Gen. i click on Advance then Create iPod or iPhone version, it then Crashes and closes down iTunes.

I am running Windows 7 Ulitmate. Latest version of iTunes.

hope someone can help

Thanks

Stuart

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 6:55 AM

4 replies

Jun 20, 2012 9:44 AM in response to MrDemo

Hi Stuart,

I'm encountering exactly the same issue. I'm running iTunes 10.6.3.25 and have tried to convert some mov files off enhanced CD singles. I get the same problem... I add the movie into the library, highlight it and then select "Create iPod or iPhone version", there is then a slight delay before iTunes gives up the ghost.

Running Windows 7 home (64 bit).

Have you managed to resolve it?

Cheers,

Dan

Jun 21, 2012 9:37 AM in response to MrDemo

This could be caused by the content, a plug-in or something else.

Try to import the sample_iTunes.mov from here -> Verifying iTunes video conversion and video syncing using sample QuickTime files

Are you able to Create a iPod or iPhone Version of that file?

Can you convert your files or the sample files in Safe Mode? To start iTunes in Safe Mode, just hold down the Shift and Control keys when you start iTunes.

You could also try testing in another user account.

Jun 29, 2012 2:28 AM in response to whatheck

Thank you for the help @whatheck, I managed to create an iPod/iPhone version of the sample okay.

To rule out the issue being fixed by an update I tried to convert one of my files again but suffered the same crash. I then started iTunes in safe-mode and tried the conversion but, again, it crashed.

Does this help us move closer to a diagnosis?

Jun 29, 2012 4:00 PM in response to xekuter

xekuter wrote:

Thank you for the help @whatheck, I managed to create an iPod/iPhone version of the sample okay.

To rule out the issue being fixed by an update I tried to convert one of my files again but suffered the same crash. I then started iTunes in safe-mode and tried the conversion but, again, it crashed.

Does this help us move closer to a diagnosis?

It sounds like the problem is your content. You could try it on another computer, but it you'll likely see similar results.

How were your videos created? Try looking for a popular video converter that can transcode the videos into a iTunes or iPhone/iPod touch friendly version.

Create iPod or iPhone version crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.