Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've tried everything and still am unable to join my own wifi network from my iPhone 4s

I have an AirPort Extreme running the latest software. I've tried everything and still am unable to join my own wifi network from my iPhone 4s, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 3G, my girlfriend's iPhone 4. The only devices that will connect to the network are our MacBook Pros and iPads, (1 and 2). I have reset the airport to default settings, I've restored my iPhone, I've even disabled the password. I am still unable to join my open airport extreme wifi network. PLEASE HELP!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 7:22 AM

12 replies

Mar 12, 2012 7:58 AM in response to musthear

Saying you tried everything isn't helpful. Perhaps describing in detail what you've done would allow people to better assist you.

If you're ever experiencing strange problems connecting to any wifi point you can always try resetting your network settings on your iPhone itself. This solves the majority of wifi problems.

To do this go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will clear all of your saved wifi hotspots and passwords, and hopefully solve your issue.

Please try this and respond with your results.

Mar 12, 2012 8:11 AM in response to Czicks

Perhaps you didn't read my entire post. I've reset the network settings on the iphone, I even erased all data and settings, master reset on the iphone. Even activating the iphone like it was brand new, once I got past the language setting, location settings, trying to connect to my wifi network still resulted in "unable to join network". I've reset the airport as well, unplugged, made sure I had the latest software, even a revert back to a previous firmware. I've tried disabling the password, leaving the network open, same thing. I've literally tried everything!

I've tried everything and still am unable to join my own wifi network from my iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.