Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't find my backup in icloud

When i go to a connected iPhone and look at my iCloud available backups, I see 1 for my ipad and 1 for my iphone. However, when i go to restore my iphone, the only backup available to choose froom is the ipad backup. It wont show the iphone backup that I know exists. Help! All devices were updated to 5.1 and backups were proformed on everything prior to restoral process.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, all devices were updated to os 5.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:18 PM

Works excatly the same updating from 5.0.1 to 6.0.1. Had my phone replaced, it was backed up to icloud but the icloud couldn't find the back when i went to restore. Updated the software and appears no worries! Thank you!

8 replies

Mar 13, 2012 4:43 PM in response to Shain Jimeson

Hi,

I had the same issue. The problem appears to be the new iPhone 4S I received today was pre-loaded with 5.01 while my old iPhone and its iCloud backups were already at 5.1. This worked for me:

1. Setup the phone as a "New iPhone", don't bother synching anything.
  2. Update software with Settings > General > Software Update
  3. Reset the device with Settings > Reset > Reset All Settings
  4. Setup the phone again, this time your iCloud backup should show up.

Hope this helps!

Jun 6, 2012 6:55 PM in response to jgdavidson

Thank you so much for your post on no icloud back up. I did what you suggested with the

1. Setup the phone as a "New iPhone", don't bother synching anything.
  2. Update software with Settings > General > Software Update
  3. Reset the device with Settings > Reset > Reset All Settings
  4. Setup the phone again, this time your iCloud backup should show up.

This really saved me alot of time. The Sprint tech told me to go home and hook up phone to the itunes, which would of took longer. All my apps are starting to show up on my phone same screen saver that I had on my old iphone 4s which was defective. Thanks again for all of your help.

God Bless!!!

Dreamer9988

Jul 21, 2012 3:06 PM in response to Shain Jimeson

This did not work for me? I was reissued a new phone due to some software issues on my old one. I backed up the iCloud just a day or so before but I'm not seeing it? Let me preface that I did not have iCloud enabled until just a day before and had not backed up anything until then. Is there another way to check to see if it does exist? I just assumed it all backed up when I clicked "Back up now" but maybe it never did. Is there any way to find out?

Thanks!

Bethany

i can't find my backup in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.